Friday, April 2, 2010

My tag

This is The Random Tag. I have composed it myself as revenge upon those who have tagged me in the past. They must now complete it. Or... or... or else. And check out number ten. Haha! Maybe you'll all think twice before tagging me next time. ::evil smile:: 



1. How many toes do you have?

Ten.

2. How many bones have you broken?

I'm leaning towards one, despite what Sophie says. I was playing ninja tag last May and flipped a guy over my back, hurting my little finger quite a bit in the process. It now has an extra lump on it, and still feels a little sore after 7 months. Maybe it was only fractured, though.

3. Name an epic thing that you have done.

I was playing Janga, a game where you pull out chunks of wood that have been stacked to form a tower. You place the pieces of wood on the top of the tower, and the point of the game is to see how long you can keep making the tower more unstable before it falls down. The pieces of wood are stacked with three on each level of the tower, and one of the levels was missing the left and right sections of wood. So I flicked out the middle one, letting the tower fall down, yet remain upright. So I actually stabilized the tower more. .... it was epic at the time. Maybe you had to be there.

4. If you had a pet lemming, what would you name him?

Edwardio the Under-achiever.

5. What color are the clothes you're wearing right now?

Just black, and a sort of grey-purple. But I'm not being emo, that's just the color of my pajamas. I'm writing this on a Saturday, and I don't have to be anywhere. :)

6. How awesome are orca whales on a scale of one to ten?

They're a seven. No, wait, that's okra whales... mm, tasty. Orcas are more like a 2.

8. How old do you want to be when you die?

Pretty old. 80-something. It'd be nice if I wasn't senile at the time, but I could live with that. Haha, "live" with it... Funny. Anyway, I'm not on board with those of my friends who want to die young. Scaredy cats.

9. Name a pet peeve and an addiction.

Pet peeve: intentional ignorance. Addiction: catchy musical numbers.

10. Write a paragraph detailing your life. 100 word minimum.

First, I was born, an experience that I am thankful not to remember. As I recall, until the age of five or six, I was a quiet kid. I then shifted to being a cranky, irritable, and vaguely sarcastic kid during the ages of seven-ish to ten-ish, after which I mellowed out a bit. So it's sort of like I went through my teenage years as an eight-year-old. Now I think I'm about due for a mid-life crisis... Anyway, from about age twelve up, I began to evolve into a pleasant, easy-going type guy, non-competitive but with a penchant for curiosity. I'm also either an extroverted introvert or an extroverted introverted extrovert, I haven't figured out which yet. Aaaand that's over 100 words.

11. Name one thing that isn't really a secret, but that you haven't really gotten around to telling anyone.

I don't like scrambled eggs very much. This is funny, because my family has always eaten them once a week, every week, for Sunday breakfast, for as long as I can remember. I've never really felt like explaining to anyone that I don't actually enjoy eating them. But I guess Mom will find out if she reads this blog.

12. Name another pet peeve.

Small talk. I'm not that good at it.... I usually come across pretty good for a few minutes, but then conversation tends to stall. Deep conversations are a lot more fun.

13. Sprechen Sie deutsch?

No.

14. Tell a joke.

Q. What's the difference between a duck?

A. One of its legs are both the same.

Hehehe... that one cracks me up.

15. How many of the questions have you answered in a witty manner so far?

Only 4 or 5... But I've been having fun making up the questions as well, so I get points for that, too. :P

16. Compose a haiku.

Silent, still; the thinker
Applies his brain, but forgets
The proper syllable allotment

17. Have you ever noticed how sour candies taste even more sour if you rub them on the side of your tongue?

Yup, that's how I was able to ask that question. It's cause the glands that taste sour the best are over there. The sweet glands are on the tip, and the sour glands are in the back. I forget where the bitter glands are... maybe I'm confusing them with the sour ones...


18. What book(s) are you reading at the moment?

Oh... just one, I think. The Man Who Was Thursday. It's fascinating, and I'm now inspired to talk like all of Chesterton's characters do. Witty yet insightful philosophical commentary is the way to go.

19. How many doors are there in your house?

Wow... lemme think about that one.... 19. Counting garage doors and sliding closet doors.

Hey, 19 is the number of this question, too! Cool.

20. How would you solve a problem like Maria?

I'd replace her with Mary Poppins. Not only does she look absolutely identical, but her manners are impeccable. And she has experience as a governess as well. I think it would work out just fine.




21. Think of something about yourself. Anything. Go on, think of it.

Now think of something more interesting. Write it down here.

Something more interesting: I dislike it when people say something obvious. This makes sense, since it's actually predicted by my Jung type. However, I also dislike it when people say something that I've already figured out, especially when it's something tricky to notice. I think that the two are connected, but the latter is a little more selfish of me.



22. What's wrong with your legs?

Well, I banged my left knee last Friday, so it's bruised. Also, I've been able to crack my left ankle ever since I was eleven or so. Either gymnastics did it, or I've always had that trait, and just hadn't noticed before.

I don't get any weather tips from them, though.

24. What's your favorite show tune?

At the moment, You've Got To Pick A Pocket Or two, from Oliver!. But that's probably just because I'm listening to it as we speak. I also like Marian the Librarian, from The Music Man.

25. Okay, you can tell us what that first thing you thought of for number 21 was. We all want to know, even if it isn't interesting.

I like bagels.




I tag Grey, Problematic, and Escapist, as they are the people who I remember tagging me. If I missed anyone, he or she is also tagged. And anyone else who wants to do the tag is welcome as well.

And hey, I completed it in time for Easter weekend, just as suggested. Or wait... I guess that was the suggestion for the posts I was tagged in. Well, I'll still do those. Sometime.

7 comments:

  1. You need to capitalize "Deutsch" if you're going to use it as a noun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But what can you expect from someone who doesn't speak it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A horde of angry Teutons screaming for your scalp?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, those Teutons. Many's the day I've fled from their screaming clutches.

    ReplyDelete

OH BOY!! A MESSAGE!