Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Quarter Moon published

My first self-published book, Quarter Moon, is now available for purchase online at Lulu.com, web address http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-book/quarter-moon/7240018.

I mostly published it for fun, since I know that self-published books seldom make money unless the author is already well-known, or is a hard worker, or is both. Not being either, I'm mostly doing because there's no reason not to. I don't have to pay anything unless someone buys the book, and then I still don't pay anything since the purchase price covers the cost of making the book, so there's no risk to me at all.

Anyway, you readers can feel free to buy it. I know I'm not the most unbiased source, and I will admit that the book is not completely without flaw, but I do like it a lot. If you like my sense of humor and writing skills, chances are high that you'll like it too. The question is whether you'll like it enough to pay $8.96 for it. Probably not. But don't worry, I still consider you my friend.

Here's the synopsis from the website:

Life is hard. It's even harder if you're a teenager, a little small for your age, or are a cursed half-blood werewolf. In addition to being all three, Sukey Svenson has to deal with several other supernatural threats, from demonic vampires to a zombie apocalypse to a very malicious school bus driver. Her briskly-paced, smartly-written story is brimming with both action and sarcasm. Just not necessarily in that order.

I also wrote the blurb for the back cover, which is very similar:

Life is hard. It's even harder if you're a teenager, a little small for your age, or are a cursed half-blood werewolf. In addition to being all three, Sukey Svenson has to deal with several other supernatural threats, from demonic vampires to a zombie apocalypse to a very malicious school bus driver. I would go into more detail, but to be honest, since you're currently holding this book, it would be quicker for you to just open it up.

Personally, I think that the second one is a little funnier. It's a shame that I can't use it to advertise the book, since it has to be on the back cover, which no one will see while browsing online. Oh well, I guess I can still mention it on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

OH BOY!! A MESSAGE!