Sunday, February 14, 2010

It's February 14th, and you know what that means...

It's President's Day Eve!

That's right, tomorrow is the one day in year that we celebrate the birth of good ol' George Washington. Now, interestingly enough, I have learned from three or four separate people today that this day is also the date of another celebration. This celebration, according to them, is called "Singles Awareness Day".

Now, why on earth someone would pick the eve of President's Day to be Singles Awareness Day is beyond me. I've racked my brain trying to come up with a correlation, and the closest one that I can find is that George has been called the father of our country, a possibility that would require him to no longer be single. However, I have to say that this correlation is tenuous at best.

Perhaps instead Singles Awareness Day is meant to help raise marriage rates in order to revive the US of A. But I'm afraid that I'll have to remain forever clueless about the true meaning of this strange happenstance.

Hope you have a good Sunday, regardless of what holiday it may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

OH BOY!! A MESSAGE!