Monday, February 1, 2010

One Twelveth

I made a resolution for 2010, which is pretty abnormal for me. In fact, it's the first one that I've made in my life.

In the past, I've refrained from making any resolutions. This is because I know that, due to the fact that I'm a very unmotivated person, I would never finish any resolution worth making. Another thing I've been a little too apathetic to try is "shooting for the stars", eg. trying to accomplish something that seems impossible. I'd like to say that I'm now trying both, but the truth is that I'm only taking up my new resolution because it does seem doable.

Okay, okay, I know you're all just dying to learn what my resolution is. This year, I plan to A) finish a novel I'm writing and B) send it in to an agent or two.

This actually seems worthwhile, and this year would be the best time to do it. We'll have to see whether my procrastinating and apathetic nature puts up much of a fight. So far, I'm 1/12 of the way through the year, and haven't gotten much more then five hundred words written. Me: 0, Failure: 1. But that's alright, I'm optimistic about the next month. After all, I did make a resolution this time. It's mystical powers will save the day in the end, you wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

OH BOY!! A MESSAGE!